State of the Game
As every week, there will be a State of the Game at 17.00 CET.
You can check it out on the official The Division Twitch channel.
In this State of the Game Hamish was joined by Creative Director Terry Spier and Lead Designer Keith Evans from Red Storm and they talked about Update 1.6, the upcoming ETF 2 and some hot topics:
- Patch Notes are linked below
ETF 2 / Update 1.6
- There were many applications for the second ETF (Elite Task Force) and the selected players will be contacted in the next few days.
- The selected players will not be published, but they can do so themselves.
Goals of Update 1.6
- Update 1.6 will focus on Dark Zone and PVP
- It should bring the fun that 1.4/1.5 brought to PVE to PVP
- PVP should be more competitive and intense, but also rewarding (even when you lose)
- It should “close” the gap between mediocre players and the elite players
- Dark Zone will get Leaderboards
- They should encourage positive behavior and have not the goal to reward things like cutting ropes etc
- There will be Weekly / Monthly activities that will be tracked
- They have the goal to give your DZ experience a different flavor/focus each time
- Some activities could get an extra bonus on some days
- All tracked activities will give you points and when you have a defined amount of points, you get a reward. But you can also continue farming and reach the next reward tier for better rewards.
- You can track your progression on the monitors in the DZ checkpoints
- There are different reward tiers that you can reach
- You can claim your rewards on a weekly / monthly basis and those will be sent to the rewards claim vendor in your Base of Operations.
- Leaderboards will reset from time to time, so there will not be a “best of all time” list and it will not track the progression that happened before the update
- DZ Checkpoints will get a new monitor where you can check what is being tracked at that time, so you know what you have to focus on while you are in the DZ. For example:
- Extracted items
- Named NPC kills
- Killing Rogues
- Support Drops
- Looting DZ Chests while in Manhunt
(Not a finished list)
- There will be new caches
- The rewards will scale depending on your reward tier
- The contents of these caches is currently unknown.
Since all this is currently under development and the ETF event is still pending, this is all subject to change and by far not a final list for Update 1.6.
- When you have created something cool that should be showcased on the State of the Game stream, you can send it to this address:
- please use this with respect, otherwise this will be stopped.
- You can play it on PC for free this weekend
- So invite some friends and try out the game together
- It will start at 7pm CET today till Sunday at 10pm CET
- You can play no DLC content, just the core game with Update 1.5 patch
- It will be available on Steam and Uplay and you will keep your progress when you buy the game after this event.
Survival on PS4
- Will be released on Tuesday December 20th
- There will be a maintenance just for PS4 to deploy the patch
- The CE-34878-0 Error will be fixed with that update
- PS4 Pro support will also be available
- There will also be a big stream at that day
- There was a ban wave
- Some innocent players were banned, but that has been rectified
- When you were one of the players that were banned for the wrong reasons, contact Ubi-Support to sort that out.
Level 34 Mods
- Under Investigation